It's been a great little journey so far - I've "met" some great sewing gals and have enjoyed sharing my sewing adventures and learning about yours.
Before I announce a most fabulous giveaway to celebrate this momentous occasion, I'll fill you in on the Living Smart Festival from last weekend.
What did I wear?
I still had quite a few of the pant bits and pieces from this project, and I added fabric from daughter's outgrown Pumpkin Patch pants, I also used her satin belt for a strip within the other gores.
I made a Simplicity 2364 top from a superfine knit from Martin & Savage. I cut a 10 for the top as others had noted it was on the bigger side. It's a nice top, but next time round I would bring the front fold up a little higher. I'm not crazy about the skirt - it was a fun quick project for this whole recycling theme .....
Here is my friend Nicole, who was a fantastic help and a PR whizz! Here is our open air workshop area ....
Situated right behind us was the stage ... yes ... live music .... yes ... bongo drums ... I didn't know whether to talk about sewing or to teach a Zumba class!
The music was certainly loud and very distracting, but I had a small interested crowd .... the overall atmosphere of the festival was great!
Here is another quick project I didn't get the chance to blog about previously ... take one old cardi ....
and make a beret .... too easy!
Well, you've been a very patient audience and without further ado... it is my pleasure to announce a giveaway in conjunction with those at the Festival who entered on the day, you all have a chance to win this......
- The latest Threads mag (I accidentally received 2)
- A Nicole Mallalieu Day Bag Pattern - very versatile - very easy - very good!
- A Project Runway Brand Spanking New Sewing Case
- 2 pkts quality interfacing - one is a woven lightweight the other a lovely Soft Lite Weft
- 1 pkt Jeans needles - size 80 - not easy to buy - yet a versatile everyday needle (as recommended by Bernina)
- and finally a cute as a button PINK tape measure in a cute as a button little tin
I'll draw the winner NEXT Tuesday 21st September. Just leave on comment on this post - anything you like - and if you win you'll need to email me quick smart or I'll re draw!